Grab the RSS feed

Coldfusion & SQL Server 2005 - java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]No more data available to read

I just started installing the new ColdFusion on my PC. I am looking at ColdFusion after 2 years. It is been a long rest without ColdFusion.

If you are dealing with Vista which is not user friendly like the old XP! So lot of workaround. Since Vista build in with lot of security functionality. Even the normal Home Edition!

It is been frustrating after installing and still I am unable to connect with MS SQL Server 2005 due to an error message.

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.


I spend like more than 6 hours and still no results. I was searching on the web to get the solution.

Even ColdFusion logs are not helpful. Suddenly I thought better check out my event logs.

Vola!!!

The error message was "Encryption is required to connect to this server but the client library does not support encryption; the connection has been closed. Please upgrade your client library. [CLIENT: 127.0.0.1]"

Yes, I was testing with CF Datasources to find out whether any issues with SQL server authentication. However, results were null.

So, yes I understood the problem. I just flew to the SQL Server Configuration Manager and Collapsed the menu "SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration" and chose the "Protocols for your SQL server name" and right click on it and selected properties and change the setting "Force Encryption" to NO and just restarted SQL server.

Now it is working like a baby! It took little more time to find out, however, it is worth though!

I can't assure the same solution will work for your problem. Always try to check the Event Logs for any clue about the error messages.

0 comments:

  •