Grab the RSS feed

The Google Story


No, today is not a sunny evening! Suddenly there was a storm passing through our area and total electricity break down. Yes, another day without a computer. While thinking what to do, just thought to read a book. Yes, it is been a year I bought that book and still hanging in my bookshelf.

“The Google Story” is the book. I bought it year ago, read it like five chapters, and suddenly left without reading it from chapter 6 (Burning Man). Since I am seeking technical type of story from the book, suddenly it became boring reading the sixth chapter, but later found out it is not.

In "Burning Man" story where it tells how Google guys got the idea of creating different type of Logo for events, etc... Indeed that chapter was interesting.

I started reading the "The Google Story" while doing a trip and able to finish the remaining chapters in one month time.

For me it is a big achievement, since there are many books hanging in my bookshelf!

When I ever talk with people regarding Google, I normally say "Hey you know Google have put there “PageRank” system for registering in patent office and you know the system carries around 500 million variables and 2 billion terms". People look at me ask, "How do you know it?" I say, I read it from the book! They look me weirdly, specially the day I wear a Google T-shirt and do the talk.

I always thought Page Rank means since Google rank pages and it named it as "PageRank", sorry, you are totally wrong! When Google came to do as the search engine, they want to make it powerful and make the search results relevant and especially they want to rank sites based on popular, none other than Larry Page (Yeah Page) is who created the rank system. So, yes, the ranking system named as "PageRank". I do not know how many SEO gurus know this!

I love there corporate policy about giving the employee 20% of the time to unleash there own potential.

And, yeah about everyday meal menus and different type of cuisines at Google.

How did they make it globally? Making business deal AOL Europe! Going for China investment (One of Microsoft employee moves to Google as the head with trouble).

Before IPO offering, story published in Playboy magazine and the issues they met before going public.

I, can talk lot more, it is interesting.

One way I say, "I can not imagine my self Internet without Google"!

“The Google Story” indeed was a happy ending! Cheers!

0 comments:

  •